Here at Reinwood Junior School, we take the safety of our children and staff very seriously. On this page, you will be able to find all our safeguarding information.
- Safeguarding is a standard item on the weekly staff agenda.
- Safeguarding is a standard item on the Leadership Team agenda.
- At least one member of our interview panel undergoes 'Safer Recruitment' training every three years.
Click on the links to discover the various ways by which we 'work Together to Keep Children Safe in Education'.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Document
- Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board - Single Assessment Process
- The Kirklees Children's Continuum of Need and Response Framework.
- Kirklees Procedures, Protocols and Guidance
- Safeguarding Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Safer Workforce Cycle
- Managing Allegation Structure
- Kirklees Safeguarding Body website
- Keeping Children Safe - Support Staff training
- PREVENT in schools - training
- County Lines: Criminal exploitation of children and vulnerable adults
Prevent in Schools
Prevent is a government policy to help reduce and eliminate extremism.
It has four main points or 'pillars', which are:
- to contest
- to pursue
- to protect
- to prepare
Mrs Eastwood, who is our DSL, has attended a training course so that she is completely up to date with new strategies.
Click HERE for more information.
In Spring Term 2016-17, we introduced the use of CPOMS within school.
What is CPOMS?
CPOMS is a software application for monitoring child protection, safeguarding and a whole range of pastoral and welfare issues. Working alongside a school’s existing safeguarding processes, CPOMS is an intuitive system designed to help with the management and recording of child protection, behavioural issues, bullying, special educational needs, domestic issues and much more. Using CPOMS, schools can ensure that students are safe and fully supported, whilst school staff can focus on teaching and providing support, instead of administration.
Every member of staff across school has an obligation to report any concerns they may have. CPOMS allows them to record information in a central repository and have relevant people alerted immediately. Senior leaders are able to build a chronology around a student and can produce reports on vulnerable pupil groups for case conference meetings, governors and Ofsted at the touch of a button.