SEND Information Report
The Kirklees Local Offer
The Kirklees Local Offer is for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. It contains information about services relating to special educational needs, disabilities, education and more for children and young people aged 0-25. It is part of the new Children and Families Act, which has brought in a number of important changes about support and services.
If your child or young person has, or you believe may have, special educational needs and/or disabilities, please consider adding their details to the Kirklees Additional Needs Register. This will help tell us what information we need to include in our Local Offer and help with service planning and delivery to meet local needs.
Our local offer will continue to develop over the coming months with the support of PCAN (Parents of Children with Additional Needs) and young people, to cover:
- Learning - from early years through schools, colleges to employment.
- Health - from GPs and health visitors to hospitals and specialist care.
- Social Care - from assessments for support and safeguarding, to respite and short breaks.
- Other services - such as leisure and after-school activities.
- Self-help information about a range of conditions and related subjects.
Click HERE for further information.