Parking continues to be a problem around school at the beginning and end of the school day. Despite the no-parking regulations in force, a number of parents still insist on parking their cars on the yellow lines. We would like to thank all of our parents who do adhere to the signs – we know this means you have a little further to walk but it does ensure the safety of our children.
As you will have seen, traffic wardens are making spot visits to the school, and parking tickets are now issued. Please remember, the no-parking regulations are purely for the safety of your children.
To avoid the roads around school becoming congested at the beginning and end of the school day, and to keep them safe for your child, please can you observe the following when bringing or collecting your child from school:
- Support our Red Zone initiative and avoid driving into or parking on the roads highlighted in red on the map below.
- Use one of the park and stride points denoted with a yellow triangle.
- Do not park or drop off on the yellow and zig-zag lines.
- If you have to come along Burfitts Road always turn LEFT at the end.
- Avoid driving down Willwood Avenue.
Thank you for your cooperation.
We sent a letter out with all children in December highlighting the parking issues - you can see the leaflet here.