The Ethos of our School
At Reinwood we strive to empower every child to become the best person that they can be, with the skills, the reason, the sensitivity and the tolerance to develop into an educated and caring individual, ready to embark on the next stage of life’s journey.
We recognise and are constantly aware of the needs of each individual. We strive to give each pupil a broad education and to develop talents and interests. This means not only work in the classroom but in extracurricular activities covering expressive arts, cultural and sporting activities.
The pupils are encouraged to:
- Respect adults, children and property
- Have high expectations for themselves
- Take increasing responsibility for their own learning, behaviour and attitudes
- Listen thoughtfully to the views of others
- Attend school regularly and punctually
- Take home letters, notes and reports and give then to their parents
- Talk to parents and teachers about any worries or concerns.
We ask parents to:
- Ensure that their child attends school in good health, regularly and punctually
- Provide support for the discipline within the school and for the teacher’s role
- Take an interest in what their child is learning on a daily basis
- Participate in discussions concerning their child’s progress and attainments
- Ensure early contact with school to discuss matters which affect a child’s happiness, progress and behaviour
- Value homework and help children complete it
- Allow their children to take increasing responsibilities as they progress through the school
- Encourage their child to take part in school activities by supporting their attendance
- Inform the school, as soon as possible, about any absence and the reason for it
- Avoid taking children away from school for term time holidays.